For shaves you code based on the longest or largest measurement. Do not add the length or width together and do not add the sizes of the 2 shaves together
measures as 1.0 x 0.8 x 0.1 cm
Shaving of epidermal or dermal lesion, single lesion, face, ears, eyelids, nose, lips, mucous membrane; lesion diameter 0.6 to 1.0 cm
measures as 1.5 x 0.6 x 0.1 cm
Shaving of epidermal or dermal lesion, single lesion, face, ears, eyelids, nose, lips, mucous membrane; lesion diameter 1.1 to 2.0 cm
You should use mod -59. Here is a brief paste from CMS
Use modifier 59 to identify procedures/services that are not normally reported together, but are appropriate under the circumstances. This may represent:
A different session or patient encounter.
Different procedure or surgery.
Different site or organ system.
Separate injury (or area of injury in extensive injuries).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join