You know I had this same question come up and I would love to hear what everyone else has to say about this... but 99318 is only for nursing home patients only. The reason... nursing home facilities have to follow strict rule invloving patient care, in fact I believe the Dr is required to see nursing home pts at least 1 time a month. There an annual is required for NURSING HOME.
For assisted living...you would use the codes you are already using ...
If anyone else knows any different please let me know as well... but as far as I know this is the correct way.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join