Modifier 26 would not be valid with this code - it is for professional services, the work of the doctor in administering the thrombolytic agent.
Did you also bill E/M for that date? They are supposed to be billable together, but perhaps your Medicare MAC sees it differently than CPT does.
Have you checked to see if your carrier has an LCD concerning this? I'm not sure who you have - Trailblazer has an LCD, but I didn't know who your MAC was.
Also, there is no National Fee, it is carrier priced.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join