Arthrography code selection is limited to joints such as ankle, elbow, hip , knee, sacroilliac, shoulder, temporomandibular, and wrist.
76499 Unlisted diagnostic Radiographic procedure
The above code I thought you could use and compare to possibly 72275 or one of the codes for the joints that might be similiar in size.
For the injection procedure, I am not sure if 64490 would be appropriate or not. Since the new facet codes came out I have seen any articles if these codes can be reported for injection at the joint location you mentioned.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join