If he saw the patient and decided to perform surgery on that exam then yes you can bill an e/m with 24 and 57 if the exam occured the day of or day before the surgery. If on the initial visit the doctor evaluted the right eye and left eye and was decided to perform surgery on both and patient comes in for follow up on right eye and doctor says it's ok to proceed with left eye surgery then you cannot bill the e/m. Hope this helps !
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join