RE: the 3/23/10 E/M denial: Office visits the day before can bundled into a procedure. You can try to resubmit adding a 25 modifier.
RE: 3/24/10 denial: With each procedure performed there is a component of E/M included. I go through this with my providers all the time. You can try resubmitting or appealing and adding the 25 modifier and sending notes, however, the key to the 25 modifier is that the E/M must be significant and separately identifiable from the procedure.
RE: 3/29/10 denial: Procedure 10060 carries a 10 day global period. Page 29 of May 2010 has an excellent article to define what is included in the global surgery package based on CPT vs. CMS guidelines. You will need to determine whether the documentation on this date of service supports the use of a 24 modifier (unrelated E/M service by the same physician during a postoperativer period) or whether this visit should be considered P/O to the procedure done on 3/24/10.
Hope this is helpful.
Jessica, CPCD :-)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join