If a psychiatrist sees a patient and provides psychothery and then refers the patient to our Psychologist for medication. Can the psychologist bill for the initial interview 90801?
I have a feeling that you are mixing the Psychiatrist and Psychologist up. Psychologist cannot administer medication and Psychiatrists can.
Medicare will not pay for both services if the providers are from the same practice. Even adding a modifier will not get it paid. Many 3rd party payors are also following the Medicare guidelines.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join