Our rule of thumb is to bill consistent with the hospital's records so I would have, in this case, billed either 99235 which is observation OR IP care with POS 21 (depending on your payers rules; we have some that require separate admission and discharge notes on the same day by the same physician and others that allow them to be done by two physicians of the same practice) or an initial inpatient admission 99222 (based on the 99235 criteria of comprehensive, comprehensive, moderate) and left it at that.
I would not have billed the subsequent, but this is just my opinion.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join