Hello! I'm totally new to Pain Management billing and have a questions about Trigger Point injections. Not sure if this is a rule that needs to be changed with our billing software or if it is infact correct.
I'm billing CPT code 20552 and the patient has Medicare primary and PA Medicaid secondary. The dx code is 719.41. It will not drop to insurance, stating that Medicare does not support that dx code. I checked on Encoder Pro and it shows that it does. Is it truly not covered or should I have the rule checked into with the software company?
Thanks for any input!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join