Assuming this is not one of the 11:59 midnight admit issues........
I would request a copy of record, specifically the physician orders and progress notes.
Verify when the PCP physician wrote the admit order. If it contradicts the 3rd, then contact the admissions dept of the hospital for correction
Also, the hospital admit date is not tied to the date the PCP first saw the patient in the hospital. Meaning he can admit on the 3rd but make his first visit on the 4th
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join