CPT 90801 is used in the psychiatric setting, usually by the psychiatrist at the initial visit. In Wisconsin, the LCD states: CPT code 90801 is described as the elicitation of a complete medical and psychiatric history, a mental status examination, establishment of a tentative initial diagnosis, and an evaluation of the patient's ability and capacity to respond to treatment on an initial plan of treatment." It goes on to state: "This service may be covered once, per provider/discipline, at the outset of an illness or suspected illness. It may be utilized again for the same patient if a new episode of illness occurs..."
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join