I just started a job at a Chiropractor's Office in Westchester, NY. I don't know what information I can offer to help you, but I'm willing to give it a go. It would help me to know the type of job you are interviewing for: Is it strictly coding? Or will you be handling other duties as well? Will someone be training you? How big is the practice?
My job duties are basically all inclusive: scheduling, phone, patient flow, applying modalities, coding & billing. As far as the coding is concerned, yes, there are only a few codes used in this business. The trick to payment seems to be in the use of modifiers and more importantly, which insurances pay out on which codes. (It appears that there are updates from the AMA that come in from time to time about the appropriate usage of modifiers. I saw one of these updates just last week that will take effect on July 1, 2010.)
There's a lot of worker's comp. and no-fault insurance in this industry and there's a sequence involved in the billing process to get payment.
When I interviewed the DC was more concerned about work ethics and reliability than coding and billing. I actually asked them more questions than they asked me. I wanted to let them know that I was interested in their practice and being a part of their team.
I'm not sure when you posted this, but let me know how you made out. If you get the job, I would be very interested in keeping in contact with you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join