Are you referring to the MIA (Minimally Invasive approach)-endoscopic?
63030 (example)-This procedure may be done as an open approach or an endoscopically-assisted approach, in which a small guide probe is inserted and manipulated through the foramen into the spinal canal under special video and radiographic guidance. A catheter is manipulated over the probe at the surgical site and instruments are advanced through the lumen. Herniated disc fragments are removed to eliminate pressure. The endoscope is withdrawn; all layers are sutured back into position; and the skin is closed. Code 63020 reports one cervical interspace; code 63030 reports one lumbar interspace; and code 63035 is used for each additional interspace, either cervical or lumbar.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join