(These are my opinions and should not be construed as being the final authority. Other opinions may vary.)
Don't fret over the terminology, because your physician could get that wrong. That said, your case above is a 64483 - Selective Nerve Root Block. For a 62311, the needle must be placed into the spinal canal in a manner other than through the foramen. If the needle is placed into the foramen, or located near the foramen (as in your case above), then use code 64483.
Richard Mann, your pain management coder
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join