68811 and 68815

Default 68811 and 68815
    Exam Training Packages
    Patient had a dilation of puncti in both right upper and right lower lid, and left upper and lower lid, with canalicular probing and secoundairly with insertion of 0.6 mm flow plugs in the right and left lower lids and 0.5 mm flow plugs in the left lower and upper lids .
    I am comming uop with cpt code 68811 and 68815 , I THINK anyway , but not sure how to place the modifers E1-E4-
    And if these are not the codes , which one(s) are ? thanks tj

Can I CODE 68815 AND 68811 WITH ALL4 LIDS ?

I had investigated this same scenario not long ago and I'm not positive of the source, maybe Coding Alert, but these should be coded to LT and RT, which then includes all 4 lids. Check to be sure the modifiers apply to both codes. I believe they do, but check to be sure. Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

1. 68811 & 68440?
    By ms123 in forum Ophthalmology/Optometry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 12:34 PM
  2. code 68815
    By desirede in forum Ophthalmology/Optometry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 02:09 PM