Most PT codes are defined on 15 minutes. If time is documented as 30 minutes, then code/bill with 2 units.
Should also mention that the 15 minutes must be met 1/2 way. Meaning before you can code for the next 15 minutes, there must be at least 8 minutes of additional time
15 min 1 unit
22 min 1 unit
23 min 2 units
28 min 2 units
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join