We don't have a written policy so I am not sure how helpful this will be, but I thought I would share our process. We send 2 statements; if no response they get one phone call from our office and then their account is turned over to an outside collection agency. We just added Greenflag Profit Recovery about a year ago with great success. We enter the info on-line and they take it from there. If you write the debt off, what happens when the patient/guarantor seeks service in the future? I am curious to hear what others are doing, and their approach to creating a formal written policy. Good luck to you!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join