This is only my opinion but I did a little research on that type of treatment to see if would apply to the 170XX code series and it looks to me like the treatment is a topical solution so I wouldn't think that the 170XX codes would be appropriate for that treatment. Those codes are for "destruction" via cryo or cutting and they say nothing about any types of topical applications. Again, this is only my opinion, but I would stick with the E/M.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join