If the Infusion catheter was placed the night before then it was probably prevsiouly coded (37201/75896) and should not be re-coded. The catheter selection codes (36245-36247) should not be re-coded either, nor basic exams (75710/75716). If arteries (bypass grafts) were not previously catheterized, you may code for selection and any new images taken.
The most common scenario for follow up exams to infusion and contuing infusion is:
37209 Exchange of previously placed intravascular catheter during thrombolyctic therapy.
75900 is the companion Radiology S & I code .
75898 is the follow up exam code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join