It is a case of Mat Care & Delivery. Abruptio Placenta with hemoperitoneum.
Why won't we give a code - Primary code for Cesarean-59514 with an addtional code for rupture uterus (obstetrical)- 59350- Hysterorraphy of rupture uterus.
Palcental removal, fetus delivery hemoperitonem management are all (can be) bundled in these two codes, rather essential components of these two codes.
Why would we code for laparotomy -It is not an exploratory, reopening or a second look etc etc or any suspected surgical condition like splenic /hepatic Rupture Complicating Pregnancy/ Labor etc.
Am I right?! It is for discussion purpose only. I am just an infant coder only!! I need experts to help us both too.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join