After thoughtful consideration, may I answer my own question? One cannot bill for services not performed. The download and interp are performed three days later for CGMS. A solution is to hold the claim until the CGMS monitor is returned for download. This delay sets off a red flag in our group practice admin office but gains revenue for services performed as 95251 is not missed. As for the real time sensor starts, the upload and interp may be many days later. The provider's interp time should be reimbursed in this case also. I'll give this more thought. I appreciate the many who have read my posting. Thank you for letting me "think out loud".
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join