A patient came to the hospital due to painful breast implants. She is status post bilateral mastectomies with immediate implants.
The surgeon removed the implants, performed a capsulotomy, and placed new, larger implants. I have assigned the following codes, and would like other opinions on how to code this case.
19328 - Removal of intact mammary implant
19370 - Open periprosthetic capsulotomy, breast
19342 - Delayed insertion of breast prosthesis following mastopexy, mastectomy or in reconstruction
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join