would you not use
19371 for the removal
and then 19325 for replacement?
19328 includes dissection of muscle, fat, and breast tissue, 19371 is where the contracted capsule is excised from the breast tissue and the prosthesis is removed.
My understanding of 19342 is it is used when the breast prosthesis is placed after a previous breast surgery (mastectomy) where there is delayed insertion of implants/prosthesis, no implants removed. 19342 would not be used since implants had already been put in after the mastectomies.
This is my understanding, however, I have only been doing coding and billing for plastic surgery for 1 1/2 months. Hope it helps.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join