I had never heard of this before either so of course I had to do some searching on the internet. This really isnt a "procedure" performed on a patient from what I can tell its processing of platelets. I dont know what type of procedures he would be performing in an ASC setting that would justify the use of this equipment/process but then again surgeons always come up with something. At any rate, I dont think that this is going to be something that will be reimbursable through an ASC (new technology??) but you may want to contact Biomet whom I believe would be the provider of this system to see what they say (although I very rarely take the advice of a vendor). Here is the link http://www.biometbiologics.com
If you do come up with something or anyone else has heard of or been doing this, please share as I would be interested in learning too.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join