In answer to the first question in our office the symptoms you described ie
back pain, pelvic pressure,edema as related to the pregnancy. However any-
thing like URI, a cold, unrelated symptoms are problem visits and can be billed as an office visit.
We have received a number of late transfer's and have billed both ways.
Antepartum care, and Delivery separately however I have billed the delivery
code with postpartum care if the patient will continue to stay with us.
I have also billed as global with the modifier 52 and got paid. It realy depends on the payor.
I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join