The code V22.0 clearly states "Supervision of normal first pregnancy". The patient is G2 P0 AB1 which clearly tells you this is her second pregnancy and the first one ended in abortion (whether spontaneous or induced doesn't matter). No matter how her first pregnancy ended....she is now on her second pregnancy.
My understanding is they must be a G1 to use V22.0 otherwise they are V22.1 "supervision of other normal pregnancy". I don't know of any specific documentation but you could check with ACOG for their view on the matter.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join