I searched the Medicare IOM for the info on locum tenans billing - in 104-01, section 30.2.11, it says nothing about the medical documentation having to say that this is a substitute (locum) physician - that is supposed to be taken care of by using the Q6 modifier. It does say you have to furnish the locum tenans NPI upon request. Who is your MAC? Can you get a copy of the denial from them? Sometimes they misinterpret the denial reason.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join