I'm not sure if this is on the right forum, but I have a question about billing for Locum Tenens.
We have submitted our claims for Lcoum Tenens in our Hospitalist group and for one of our surgeons with the Q6 modifier, but now our billing company is telling us that they are being denied by Medicare because the note written by the doctor must indicate that they are in fact a locum tenum providing the documented services. I have tried to find documentation to support this, but have not been able to find anything so far.
Does anyone know if this is the case and if so, where I can find it in writing. I need proof to show to the docs otherwise they will fight us about adding anything else to their documentation!
Thanks for the help!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join