Since it shows (from what information you gave) that the total Thyroid was not removed you can not code 60271(no substernal thyroid gland removed) I would look at using 60220 for the total Thyroidectomy on left side w/ removal of isthmus. Then I would look at the code 60210 for the subtotal Thyroidectomy on right side with 59 on this code. ON the monitoring if the Doctor performed NIMS I use 95920 and 95867 with modifier 26 I hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join