Well, SI is 27096, while 27093 is hip. I am in a different state - but every state has their work comp rules somewhere on their web site, accessible to all. That should also include their fee schedule. I would go out and look at that and see if code 27096 is on there - it's been a code since 01/01/2000, and most W/C carriers aren't that far behind.
It could be that they are not recognizing your 77003 for the fluoro guidance - it was effective 01/01/2007, and we had problems with W/C until 2009 with that one. Also, if done at the hospital, are you putting your 26 modifier on the 77003?
I hope this helps - no hard and fast answers, but hopefully somewhere to start.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join