I think they would bill under 9923x with POS 21 because this is an IP at the hospital. Pt has not been discharged yet and the responsibility falls on the hospital and the physician is working for the hospital as my understanding.
In regard to the x rays, the equipment that was used does not belong to the hospital then I think they would bill as OP.
This is my opinion. I m not an expertise I m just start studying to take my exam.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join