We have two Medicaid patients that came in for a pre-op evaluation before getting dental surgery. Apparently, they both missed their surgery dates, and Medicaid states that they need to have another evaluation before proceding with the surgery, since some time has gone by.
We billed the original evaluation as a wellness visit. Medicaid only pays for one Wellness visit/yr. Any ideas on how to submit this so we get paid for the other evaluation.
Oh, and the office did not have the patient's parents sign non covered waivers either
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join