Modifier sequencing generally requires that those affecting reimbursement (e.g., 78, 79, 59 etc) are listed prior to informational mods (e.g., LT, GC, LD). You might look under some old billing manuals (Claim Processing Manuals, maybe) from the payer side. When I took courses in coding, some billing items (like this info.) was taught along side it; just something I retained, though I have no specific source for that information.
Hope this helps. You are correct.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join