I am not sure if I understand the question but codes 93978 & 93979 are Duplex of aorta, iliac's & IVC etc.
Artrial Doppler, Duplex has codes for Upper or Lower extremity procedures so look at code range 93925-93926 & 93930-93931.
FYI, 93922-93923 is just for Artrial Doppler!
Venous duplex, look at 93970-93971
Carotid Duplex is 93880 or 93882.
The procedure code to use would all depends on what the exact vascular test that is being done ie: arterial vs venous, Doppler vs. Duplex, if test is bilateral study or limited.
I hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join