The best place to check is with your state's Department of Labor/Workman's Compensation area. What codes Work Comp carriers use is mandated by each state. In my experience, they are usually at least two years behind in updating the payable codes here in South Dakota. When I was in Texas, it was more like five years. If you check your state's website, there should be a link to the DOL or directly to Work Comp; that area should have a place to contact them with questions. I plan on doing that soon with my state and the surrounding ones (we are on the border with Minnesota and Iowa). Good luck in finding out!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join