Per NCCI edits:
2. Biopsies performed in the course of Central Nervous System (CNS) surgery should not be reported as separate procedures.
3. Craniotomies and craniectomies always include a general exploration of the accessible field. An exploratory craniectomy or craniotomy (CPT code 61304 or 61305) should not be reported separately with another craniectomy/craniotomy procedure performed at the same anatomic site and same patient encounter.
Very doubtful that you can report the BX. Is there anyway to post the op note in order to have a little more information about what was actually done during the procedure?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join