It is correct that if there is a CPT code for the service then you cannot add it also to your facility E&M tool. We looked at the resources being used, in other words to get the patient to the x ray there was a transporter used, so we had a component (points) for the transporter, and same for a portable xray, someone had to bring it to the ER. You cannot incorporate injections into your tool as that is a separate CPT code but your nurse takes vital signs so we gave that points. So my suggestion is to look at the picture and see what is not being charged for already with CPT codes and figure out how to incorporate that into (points).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join