This is the only billing we do--home births with midwives. Most insurance companies will pay for midwifery services, the others will usually pay upon pre-authorization (we do a LOT of pre-authorizations). Use the standard maternity codes for mom, 59400 with V22.0 or V22.1. Initial newborn care o/s hospital is 99461 with dx code V30.2. The only difference will be that there is no facility fee.
Midwife Billing & Business, LLC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join