along these same lines, We interp sleep studies. I bill for 95810 and the 95811. not at the same time. One of the drs told me that he heard that if they do a diagnostic (95810 ) for a few hours and then switch over to a cpap /bipap that we can bill both codes. the first one on say 9/12 95810 and the second 95811 say on 9/13. I told him that I searched and I believe that like any diagnostic 95810 is included in 95811 when changes over. the cpt book says 95811 initiation of continuous positive airway pressure therapy etc.
also 95811 is split study which I think my dr is decribing.
Am I correct in billing a 95811. its one code per night.
Donna J Weber CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join