To my understanding, you cannot bill for "rental". When we have a patient that needs a neb, we fax a script to a local DME for Humana and BCBS Health Options. Then they issue the neb to the family..and then they bill the insurance co.
For all other plans we have a contract w/ our local home health care company and they have their nebs in our office and the patient/ parent signs a form, the dr fills out the order and they take it home. once a week the home care company comes to the office,picks up the forms along w/a copy of the patients ins card and face sheet (demographics) and again, the bill the ins co
If your patient needs breathing tx, the best thing to do is check the insurance and see what DME company to use.
As for the meds,we write script like all other meds and the family gets it from the local pharmacy
hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join