AAPC - Back to school

Thread: cx surgery 58563 modier?

Exclamation cx surgery 58563 modier?

AAPC: Back to School
    Is there a valid modifier that I can use when a surgery has been cx after the anesth. has been applied..I used 74 and it came back from medicare as "procedure code and modifier were invalid on the date of service" help please?

Watertown, NY

if you are not a hospital or ambulatory surgery center and the ablation was actually started i would use modifer 53 if the procedure hadn't been started i dont think?? you can bill for the procdure

Thumbs up

thank you very much, I will do that...we did started but we had to stop the procedure!

Charlotte, NC

Default Aborted ablation

How far did your provider get into the procedure? 58563 is for a hysteroscopy with ablation. Did you provider get a dx hysteroscopy completed before ending the procedure? Do you think the provider could bill a 58555? By any chance did the provider do a biopsy? If so you could bill 58558. I guess the point I make is that you have choices of appending modifier 53 or chosing another cpt code based on how far he got and what he actually got done while he was in there.

Angie Wood, CPC

Similar Threads

1. Modier 25 and diagnostic test on same day
    By mlburnett in forum Modifiers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 06:41 PM
  2. Modier 25 again
    By sallen7113 in forum Modifiers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 03:25 PM
  3. modier 24
    By rychastrin in forum Urology