Dear Volleyb13, I've tried coding both and haven't found a payer (or an outside coding auditor, for that matter) who will allow it, even though CCI allows it with a modifier. I've appealed denials but it always comes back as 'unbundling.' I feel like this is something CPT (or whoever) should review. The D+C uses different instrumentation, the surgeon has to apply separate clinical judgement, the D+C uses more time, and the OR has to allocate more resources. All of this SHOULD point to allowing another code with a modifier - but it never works. The D+C is considered part of the code for the hysteroscopy with ablation.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join