I found an older post about these two codes billing together from March which states the D&C is needed to scrape the problem tissue away before doing the ablation or the ablation will not work.
One of our offices wants to bill them together, the hospital did not bill both, just the 58563, per the OP Note the D & C (58120) was done first, then the Endometrial Ablation (58563) was completed after (same session).
Per CCI Edits they should not be billed together, but if documentation supports, modifier is allowed.
When should a modifer be used when both procedures are done?
If the statement is true that a D&C has to be done in conjunction with the ablation, wouldn't it then be included in the code description, and under the CCI Edit rule no modifier be allowed?
So very confused with this situation , new to OB billing and want to be sure this gets coded correctly.
Any info would be great! Thanks so much!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join