I work for a hospice. Hospice "houses" can be either inpatient level of care or outpatient. We have both in our organization.
You should call call the hospice and ask if the facilty where your provider saw the patient is considered inpatient or outpatient. Hospices bill either Routine Care or Inpatient care for their patients. Routine care is the same as outpatient.
Let me know if you have further questions. You can reach me at 727 484-7936.
Cindy Wakeland, MBA CPC
Gulfside Regional Hospice, Inc
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join