Since your doc isn't the one that performed the fx care, he would not be held to the global period.
From the CMS manual:
Services NOT included in the global surgical package
Services of OTHER physicians except when the surgeon and the other physician agree on the transfer of care. This agreement may be in the form of a letter or an annotation in the discharge summary, hospital record or ASC record.
You may have a problem if the discharge papers state that he is transferring the care to your office. Then the hospital should have added a mod -54-56 and your office would have added a mod -55 to the initial visit.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join