the type of patient ie inpatient, outpatient, ER, Office, will determine your POS which in turn will determine what type of E&M code you select. Er is POS 23 and you use ER visit levels, Inpatient is 21 and you use Inpatient visit levels, Observation is 22 and you use either the observation admit and discharge or office levels. As far as consults go it now depends on who the payer is, If Medicare is involved then there is so no such thing as a consult anymore, and you have to aware of the other carriers that have adopted Medicare's policy on consults. I am not sure if this addresses your issue or not.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join