Please help vats converted to open thoracotomy, Extensive decortication of right lower, middle and upper lobes with thick rind 2-3mm thick. The lung was completely trapped it took 2 1/2 hours for decortication. Pleurodesis and Left chest tube for pleural effusion.
The codes I come up with for these procedures are inclusive to each other. Also per the op report he does extensive decortication on the right lung does this qualify for total or is it concidered partial as it is only the right lung?
Thank you in advance for any help.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join