Hi there, I am trying to network with anyone who is familiar with billing/coding for a freestanding emergency room (not owned by a hospital). We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and not an Urgent Care facility. We have just opened up one in Houston and I am having some issues with the payers. We bill POS 99 for other because according to the CPT/AMA description we do not fit the criteria for billing POS 23 because we are not associated with a hospital. If anyone can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join