OK, I'll chime in on this one. I read an article some time ago on this stating to use the S2140. I have since heard about using the 59899 for the non-BCBS carriers, but I'm with you; I don't agree with the 59899 since the S2140 code exists. I work for an outside billing service, so I may be misremembering, but it is also my understanding that the patient signs a waiver in the OB's offce from the cord blood storage facility that outlines the costs associated with this and the fact that it may not be covered by their carrier. This is a voluntary service, not a problem-related one. I haven't had any patients complaining about having to pay for this service if/when they get a bill for it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join