If the patient has diabetic neuropathy then the diabetes is not uncomplicated. 250.0x is defined as DM without mention of complication or manifestation classifiable to 250.1x - 250.9x. The guidelines state that DM and associated conditions are paired codes in which the 250.xx code is sequenced first and then the manifestation. You may use as many 250.xx codes as are necessary to report all associated conditions the patient may have.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join