If you do the test and an external physician does the interp and report, then code
If you do the test and an external physician does the interp and report. BUT you have a contract to pay this physician a flat-fee for every one he does the interp report, then code
ext Phys.....no coding, just pay him is contracted fee
Basically on the 2nd scenario, goes back to the old rule of purchased services. You pay him and you code/bill the complete service
Lots of rules and guidelines. Here is a link with some info
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join