The c-section and the myomectomy are not bundled, so you shouldn't need a 59 modifier. I think you could bill out both without putting a 52 modifier on the 58140. Your payer is going to reduce the reimbursement based on multiple procedure rules anyway. The only modifier you should need (if any) would be a 51 on the myomectomy code.
As for assistant surgeon, both codes are eligible for an assist, so if you are also billing for the assist, I would bill both out with the appropriate assistant surgeon modifier.
At least that's my logic....
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join